Recent Results for Barnes Law Firm
- $5.3 Million jury verdict for railroad worker injured in slip and fall accident.
- $35 Million judgment for motorcycle driver who suffered a lower left leg and right arm amputation as a result of a motor vehicle collision.
- $10.2 Million judgment for class members damaged by the City of Kansas City’s failure to comply with a prior court order requiring Kansas City to provide refuse collection services, of the cash equivalent thereof, to the class.
- $4 Million settlement for family members of victim killed in a drunk driving accident.
- $1.3 Million Dollar Judgment obtained in Platte County, Missouri for passenger injured in drunk driving accident.
- $160,000 settlement recovered on behalf of Plaintiff attacked by dog
- $15.6 million dollar judgment for car accident victim.
- $12 Million total settlement for multiple burn victims.
- $3.75 Million dollar FELA judgment for toxic tort victim.
- $2,000,000 settlement for traumatic arm amputation victim.
- More than $1,000,000 for victim of IED hurt in Afghanistan.
- $1.45 Million settlement for burns from defective product.
- $750,000 FELA verdict for railroad employees with soft tissue back injury.
- $650,000 verdict for rear-end car accident victim.
- $6.5 million dollar settlement for personal injuries sustained after being struck by a truck.
- $6.5 million award for personal injuries caused by defective highway design.
- Wrongful death and personal injury case settles against Michigan trucking company for $3.5 million.
- $1.18 million settlement for injuries sustained in a single car accident.
- $1 million dollar settlement for pipeline worker who suffered electrocution burns while when the side boom of a Caterpillar that was being operated by a coworker came in close proximity to a 230,000 volt high power line. The close proximity of the side boom to the power line caused the electricity to arch and transferred that electricity through the side boom into the natural gas pipeline.
- $1 million dollar settlement for injured railroad track worker.
- Jury awards $878,000 for workplace shoulder injury.
- Jury awards $650,000 for injuries sustained after vehicle was struck by a semi-truck.
- Jackson County Court awards $575,000 for Kansas Law Enforcement Officer who suffered serious leg injuries when his motorcycle collided with another vehicle that turned in front of him.
- $350,000 for family of grandmother killed in automobile collision with an SUV. Police report concluded that the grandmother failed to stop at a stop sign. Settlement reached after law firm produced expert witness video animation showing that the SUV was speeding.
- Confidential settlement in an Arkansas FELA case for man whose right ankle and leg were injured while separating steel boxes on a railcar.
- Confidential settlement against insurance company for uninsured motorist who ran plaintiff off the road.
- Confidential settlement against nursing home for causing bedsores to 93-year old man.
- 8th Circuit Court of Appeals reinstates case dismissed by federal trial judge.
- Husband causes head-on collision; wife, a passenger in husband’s car, receives $265,000 settlement for her shoulder injuries.
- Insurance company forced to pay three times the stated coverage for the negligence of a third-party, underinsured motorist.
Past results do not guarantee future success. We recommend basing your choice of lawyer on more than just published results.
$5.3 Million jury verdict for railroad work injured in slip and fall accident.
$35 Million judgment for motorcycle driver who suffered a lower left leg and right arm amputation as a result of a motor vehicle collision
$10.2 Million judgment for class members damaged by the City of Kansas City’s failure to comply with a prior court order requiring Kansas City to provide refuse collection services, of the cash equivalent thereof, to the class
$4 Million settlement for family members of victim killed in a drunk driving accident
KENNETH E. BARNES
JOHN M. CUSICK
KYLE S. BELEW
REVIEWS & REWARDS
John Cusik and the lawyers at
Barnes law firm have shown me nothing but the best in human nature. In times
when you need a lawyer they make that experience easier and take care of the
things that a good lawyer is suppose to do.
I’m extremely pleased with the work of John Cusick and his partners. John
Cusick is great at what he does and I would recommend him to anyone. Beautiful
law firm and great staff.
If you want someone that genuinely cares for you and what you are going
through these are your guys, especially John. John was able to take charge of
my case and produce wonderful outcomes. Everything was always broken down to
me in words I could understand and never felt pressured.
John Cusick has to be one of the best! He really cares and get right to business... I’m very happy how everything turned out!