Legal Advocacy To Give You A Strong Voice

Questions And Answers About Car Accidents And Insurance

For personalized advice about your car accident case, turn to an experienced personal injury attorney. At Barnes Law Firm, we educate our clients and deliver results for them. Below are some topics that new clients often ask about.

Help! I Already Have Medical Bills Piling Up After A Car Accident. Who Will Pay These Bills?

Your private health insurance may pay your bills at first. However, your insurer may then seek to be repaid through a legal process known as subrogation if you eventually recover compensation from a negligent party. With some exceptions, Missouri laws do not generally allow subrogation. If one of our lawyers represents you after a car accident, we will keep an eye on insurance companies that may try to deny you your right to full coverage or compensation.

Does Fault Have Anything To Do With How I Can Be Compensated After A Car Accident?

If your car accident happened in Missouri, fault matters a great deal. By proving that another motorist or someone else caused your accidental injuries, our attorneys can pressure the at-fault driver (or another liable party) to compensate you for your injuries.

If the accident occurred in Kansas, on the other hand, you will be looking at a no-fault insurance scenario. That is, your own insurance policy should cover your medical expenses regardless of who was at fault.

What about property damage? What about pain and suffering? What if you live in Kansas and were injured in a crash in Missouri or vice-versa? For clarity and direction, consult with one of our experienced Kansas City area personal injury attorneys.

What Should I Tell My Insurance Company After I Have Been In A Car Accident?

You should report the accident to your insurer with basic information: where and when it happened and whether anyone was injured. However, do not give a recorded statement, express your opinion about fault or respond to detailed questioning before consulting with an attorney.

I Was Injured When My Car Was Struck By A Car Whose Driver Had No Insurance Or Inadequate Insurance. How Will I Get Compensation?

If you or someone you live with has uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage in your auto insurance policy, this may be your ray of hope. However, do not expect your auto insurance company to volunteer this information. You should pursue legal representation to get all the compensation you are eligible for.

Bring Us Your Questions

We have many answers. Call 816-608-4065 or send an email message to schedule a consultation.